Wednesday 8 October 2008

Price's Candles

Price's candles were established in 1830, and between now and then they have definitely perfected the art of candle making. As the biggest candle manufacturer in the United Kingdom today, and as a key producer in the history of the candle, I was surprised not to have heard of them before.

I came across Price's candles this year whilst at University. I needed some time to de-stress and relax, to take my mind off looming final exams and assignment deadlines. My solution was an aromatherapy face mask, Moon Safari by Air and a scented candle.

I decided to look in the cheap, cheerful and questionably tacky, Au Natural. Surprisingly, it was there I found a small stand displaying a very appealing collection of vintage style candles, Price's Candles, and at £3 for a lantern I couldn't complain!

From previously purchasing 'scented' candles before which haven't really smelt whilst burning, this was completely different. My room began to be filled by the scent of honey and lemon, I was really impressed by the strength of the scent which was perspired.

Although only one collection was for sale at the place of purchase, having ventured onto the Price's Candles website I have become aware of the vast array of colours and scents in which the company produces their product. From floral to odour reduces, Price's have every possibility covered.

So, the moral of this story is, if you want a candle that actually smells as it burns, buy a Price's Candle!

www.prices-candles.co.uk

No comments: